DevOps Infrastructure Engineer - Cryptocurrency Trading - London
Mayfair, Greater London /
Technology – DevOps /
Founded in 2013, GSR is a crypto market maker with more than 250 employees in 5 countries. We provide billions of dollars of liquidity to cryptocurrency protocols and exchanges on a daily basis. We build long-term relationships with cryptocurrency communities and traditional investors by offering exceptional service, expertise and trading capabilities tailored to their specific needs.
GSR works with token issuers, traders, investors, miners, and more than 60 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. In volatile markets we are a trusted partner to crypto native builders and to those exploring the industry for the first time.
Our team of veteran finance and technology executives from Goldman Sachs, Two Sigma, Citadel, and Tower Research among others, has developed one of the world’s fastest and most robust trading platforms designed to navigate issues unique to the digital asset markets. We have continuously improved our technology throughout our history, allowing for our clients to scale and execute their strategies with the highest level of efficiency.
Working at GSR is an opportunity to be deeply embedded in every major sector of the cryptocurrency ecosystem.
We are looking for an Infrastructure DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer who can be responsible for designing, and supporting highly available systems across a diverse technology stack.
The successful candidate will work on GSR’s systems engineering and performance, configuration management, and the day to day technology operations.
You will look to automate wherever possible, in order to improve efficiency and support Infrastructure as a Service.
We will require the Infrastructure/DevOps Engineer to use best practices such as CI/CD, automated testing, branching strategy, and environment decoupling) and manage and maintain a multi-cloud environment (AWS).
- Good experience of working for a HFT/Trading firm
- DevOps Engineer background (or something similar).
- Experience with cloud technologies (preferably AWS).
- Programming knowledge for automation, in Shell scripting.
- Good knowledge and understanding of systems and network hardening, as well as Security principles.
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) and best practices experience.
- Knowledge of container technologies such as Docker/Kubernetes is required.
- Genuine passion for systems/network engineering with a touch of development. Not afraid of moving up and down the stack, from the physical to the application layer.
- 2+ years experience in Linux system administration and technical operations. Must know how to tune for performance and monitor for failures.
- Practical working knowledge of UDP, TCP/IP, routing protocols and VPN technologies.
- Ability to dive deep and understand the full network stack.
- Religious about Infrastructure as Code. Experience with tools such as Terraform, Ansible/Puppet is required. Must have a passion for automation.
- Self-starter with fluent communication in written and spoken.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Maven or a similar toolchain is an added bonus.
- Experience with micro-service designs and deployments is desirable.
- Python coding.
What we offer:
A collaborative and transparent company culture founded on Integrity, Innovation and Performance. Competitive Salary with two discretionary bonus’ payments a year. Benefits such as Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Retirement Planning, 30 days holiday and free lunches when in the office.
Hybrid working pattern in all of our offices from London, New York, Singapore, Zug and Malaga.
Regular Town Halls and off-sites, team lunches and drinks.
A Corporate and Social Responsibility program as well as charity fundraising matching and volunteer days.
Immigration and relocation support where required.
GSR is proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon any applicable legally protected characteristics such as race, religion, colour, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or age. We operate a meritocracy, all aspects of people engagement from the decision to hire or promote as well as our performance management process will be based on the business needs and individual merit, competence in the role.
Learn more about us at www.gsr.io.