Site Reliability Engineer - Exchange Connectivity - Singapore
Technology – Site Reliability Engineering /
Founded in 2013, GSR is a crypto market maker with more than 300 employees in 5 countries. We provide billions of dollars of liquidity to cryptocurrency protocols and exchanges on a daily basis. We build long-term relationships with cryptocurrency communities and traditional investors by offering exceptional service, expertise and trading capabilities tailored to their specific needs.
GSR works with token issuers, traders, investors, miners, and more than 60 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. In volatile markets we are a trusted partner to crypto native builders and to those exploring the industry for the first time.
Our team of veteran finance and technology executives from Goldman Sachs, Two Sigma, Citadel, and Tower Research among others, has developed one of the world’s fastest and most robust trading platforms designed to navigate issues unique to the digital asset markets. We have continuously improved our technology throughout our history, allowing for our clients to scale and execute their strategies with the highest level of efficiency.
Working at GSR is an opportunity to be deeply embedded in every major sector of the cryptocurrency ecosystem.
Our proprietary trading platform was designed to navigate issues unique to the digital asset markets. We have continuously improved our technology throughout our nine year history, allowing for our clients to scale and execute their strategies with the highest level of efficiency.
Our edge is fuelled by a sophisticated data driven process of hypothesise, research, and validation.
Gaining an edge in cryptocurrency markets requires investment in the right tools and a systematic approach. Our research pipeline is built on data that has been harvested on a 24-hour basis from 50+ exchanges.
Your role will be to help deliver a secure, reliable, and best-in-class production environment for our global trading franchise.
- Provide first-line support and troubleshooting for our exchange connectivity applications.
- Track, escalate, and prioritise incidents, ensuring timely resolution.
- Implementing configuration changes and software upgrades.
- Actively participate in the continuous monitoring of exchange connectivity, order flows, latency etc.
- Actively participate in the design and improvement of processes around monitoring and alerting.
- Planning long-term roadmap for the trading system, from capacity to tools to software features.
- Working with developers to design and implement features in the trading system.
- Perform ad-hoc operational tasks as needed to support the global trading function.
- At least 2 to 7 years’ experience in a similar role at a bank or proprietary trading firm.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject (e.g., Computer Science).
- Required: Experience working in front-line support.
- Required: Experience in MySQL/MSSQL and Linux.
- Required: Ability to understand and read API documentation. Nice to have WS, REST and FIX.
- Required: Ability to analyse logs, and metrics and system performance of applications in general.
- Required: Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Nice to have: Exposure to container technology (e.g., Docker, Rancher).
- Nice to have: Software development experience a plus but not required.
- Disciplined self-starter with high attention to detail and ability to work autonomously and/or remotely.
- A high degree of motivation, adaptability and proactiveness are key success factors for the role.
- Optimistic and willing to learn and working with other SRE's even outside the domain.
What we offer:
A collaborative and transparent company culture founded on Integrity, Innovation and Performance. Competitive Salary with two discretionary bonus’ payments a year. Benefits such as Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Retirement Planning, 30 days holiday and free lunches when in the office.
Hybrid working pattern in all of our offices from London, New York, Singapore, Zug and Malaga.
Regular Town Halls and off-sites, team lunches and drinks.
A Corporate and Social Responsibility program as well as charity fundraising matching and volunteer days.
Immigration and relocation support where required.
GSR is proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon any applicable legally protected characteristics such as race, religion, colour, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or age. We operate a meritocracy, all aspects of people engagement from the decision to hire or promote as well as our performance management process will be based on the business needs and individual merit, competence in the role.
Learn more about us at www.gsr.io.