Compliance Officer, Associate
Mayfair, Greater London /
Central Functions – Compliance /
GSR is a leading market-making and programmatic trading company in the exciting and fast-evolving world of cryptocurrency trading. We provide sophisticated execution and liquidity services to token projects, institutional and HNW investors, and crypto exchanges.
GSR is looking for a Compliance Officer in London, UK to join our global legal & compliance team on a full-time basis. GSR is a leading market-making and programmatic trading company in the exciting and fast-evolving world of cryptocurrency trading. You will be instrumental to our AML transaction monitoring program, customer, exchange & financial institution on-boarding process, and ongoing compliance of the global business development and operations functions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Helping to design, develop and implement an effective AML transaction monitoring programme in collaboration with internal teams including technology, operations and the business in strategic efforts to improve monitoring, case management, and reporting processes.
- Leading the AML transaction monitoring program which includes alert generation and review, case investigation, and SAR/STR filing.
- Involvement in periodic monitoring rule review, risk typology implementation and threshold validation exercises for transaction monitoring.
- Helping to establish and maintain best practices, policies, and procedures for the compliance function.
- Helping to research regulatory information and developments in the UK and other international jurisdictions that might impact the company operations.
- Assisting with KYC and on-boarding process for clients, including managing all key stakeholder communication, reviewing client documents, and conducting external information searches.
- Assisting with the on-boarding process for exchanges, financial institutions / banks, and other third party providers, including managing the verification process, requests for information, and escalation to relevant stakeholders, as needed.
- Liaise with Business Development, Finance, and Operations teams to obtain information required for client due diligence and on-boarding.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in AML transaction monitoring at a regulated financial institution.
- Previous experience working within the cryptocurrency/blockchain industry.
- Knowledgeable of UK & European AML legislation and other relevant regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism to interact well with internal and external stakeholders.
- An ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- A high degree of motivation, adaptability and proactiveness.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong academic background within a relevant subject (e.g. Finance or Law) preferred
Founded in 2013, we specialize in providing liquidity, risk management and structured products to institutional participants in the digital asset ecosystem. Our team of veteran finance and technology executives from Goldman Sachs, Two Sigma, Citadel, Blackstone and Tower Research among others, has developed one of the world’s fastest and most robust trading platforms.
GSR works with token issuers, traders, investors, miners, and more than 50 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. As a founding member of The Association for Digital Asset Markets (ADAM), GSR is also a leader in establishing and maintaining industry standards and protocols to support the healthy development and evolution of the global digital assets serving key exchanges and clients globally. GSR is an international company with operations in the USA, Europe and Asia.
GSR is proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon any applicable legally protected characteristics such as race, religion, colour, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or age. We operate a meritocracy, all aspects of people engagement from the decision to hire or promote as well as our performance management process will be based on the business needs and individual merit, competence in the role.
Learn more about us at www.gsr.io.