Financial Planning & Analysis - Vice President - Cryptocurrency Trading - London
Mayfair, Greater London /
Central Functions – Finance /
Founded in 2013, GSR is a crypto market maker with more than 300 employees in 5 countries. We provide billions of dollars of liquidity to cryptocurrency protocols and exchanges on a daily basis. We build long-term relationships with cryptocurrency communities and traditional investors by offering exceptional service, expertise and trading capabilities tailored to their specific needs.
GSR works with token issuers, traders, investors, miners, and more than 60 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. In volatile markets we are a trusted partner to crypto native builders and to those exploring the industry for the first time.
Our team of veteran finance and technology executives from Goldman Sachs, Two Sigma, Citadel, and Tower Research among others, has developed one of the world’s fastest and most robust trading platforms designed to navigate issues unique to the digital asset markets. We have continuously improved our technology throughout our history, allowing for our clients to scale and execute their strategies with the highest level of efficiency.
Working at GSR is an opportunity to be deeply embedded in every major sector of the cryptocurrency ecosystem.
As the FP&A - VP, you will support the Director of FP&A and Special Projects with the development of the FP&A function, building out processes and implementing systems to support scalable financial forecasting, reporting & analysis, and to facilitate effective business partnering.
- Supporting the FP&A team in providing monthly P&L, cash flow and balance sheet reporting, at Group and Divisional Level, including provision of insightful commentary & financial analysis of key drivers of performance.
- Partnering with business line and cost centre owners: Develop an excellent understanding of the underlying drivers of financial performance. Deep dive revenue and costs to provide insights that inform decision making, drive efficiencies and improve results
- Develop and maintain the company’s annual budget, forecasting and strategic planning, building dynamic models that capture financial and non-financial KPIs and drivers
- In addition to general forecasting; conduct ad-hoc business case and financial modelling, including investment appraisals, valuations, and sensitivity analysis
- Work closely with the finance transformation team to implement new systems that enable automated, scalable, insightful financial reporting & data analytics
- Work with the broader finance, treasury and tax teams to coordinate deliverables and ensure efficient flow of information across the department
- Qualified accountant
- A minimum of 5+ years in FP&A, Commercial or Strategic Finance
- Data Analytics - experience with Power BI, Tableau or similar data analysis tools
- Knowledge of SQL, Python advantageous but not essential
- Outstanding spreadsheet skills
- Experience implementing financial planning and accounting systems (desirable)
- Experience in a trading environment and with financial derivatives (desirable)
- Commercial acumen and influencing skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, unstructured environment and to develop techniques that create clarity and manage this effectively
- Excellent communication and people skills
What we offer:
A collaborative and transparent company culture founded on Integrity, Innovation and Performance. Competitive Salary with two discretionary bonus’ payments a year. Benefits such as Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Retirement Planning, 30 days holiday and free lunches when in the office.
Hybrid working pattern in all of our offices from London, New York, Singapore, Zug and Malaga.
Regular Town Halls and off-sites, team lunches and drinks.
A Corporate and Social Responsibility program as well as charity fundraising matching and volunteer days.
Immigration and relocation support where required.
GSR is proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon any applicable legally protected characteristics such as race, religion, colour, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or age. We operate a meritocracy, all aspects of people engagement from the decision to hire or promote as well as our performance management process will be based on the business needs and individual merit, competence in the role.
Learn more about us at www.gsr.io.