HFT Risk Manager, Vice President
New York City, NY /
Central Functions – Risk Management /
Founded in 2013, GSR is a crypto market maker with more than 250 employees in 5 countries. We provide billions of dollars of liquidity to cryptocurrency protocols and exchanges on a daily basis. We build long-term relationships with cryptocurrency communities and traditional investors by offering exceptional service, expertise and trading capabilities tailored to their specific needs.
GSR works with token issuers, traders, investors, miners, and more than 60 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. In volatile markets we are a trusted partner to crypto native builders and to those exploring the industry for the first time.
Our team of veteran finance and technology executives from Goldman Sachs, Two Sigma, Citadel, and Tower Research among others, has developed one of the world’s fastest and most robust trading platforms designed to navigate issues unique to the digital asset markets. We have continuously improved our technology throughout our history, allowing for our clients to scale and execute their strategies with the highest level of efficiency.
Working at GSR is an opportunity to be deeply embedded in every major sector of the cryptocurrency ecosystem.
We are looking for an experienced HFT Risk Manager to join our global team on a full-time basis. GSR is a leading programmatic trading company in the exciting and fast-evolving world of cryptocurrency trading. You will help to shape and build the firm's risk management ecosystem.
You will be based in our New York office with the ability to travel as required.
As part of the team, your responsibilities will be:
- Support the overall development and implementation of the Algorithmic/HFT Trading models and other quantitative models with emphasis on risk management, reporting, controls and transparency
- Design and implement innovative HFT control solutions
- Provide HFT product risk management coverage
- Collaborate closely with quant traders, developers and across the risk team
- Contribute to analyses required by internal and external stakeholders.
- 5-10 years working in electronic trading risk environment esp. Quant funds, Prop trading firms
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Financial Engineering, Applied
- Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science).
- Strong programming skills, with experience in Python (Pandas, NumPy), C++, SQL, Java
- Solid understanding of algorithmic control frameworks
- Experience with development/testing of derivatives pricing/quant risk models
- Understanding and professional exposure to software development lifecycle methodologies
- Exposure to Machine Learning models is preferred
- Understanding of regulatory rules applicable to algorithmic trading and ability to adapt to upcoming crypto-specific guidance
- Process-Oriented with exceptional analytical attention to detail and technical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Resilient, disciplined self-starter with a high degree of motivation, adaptability, and proactiveness.
- Ability to work autonomously and/or remotely in teams
What we offer:
A collaborative and transparent company culture founded on Integrity, Innovation and Performance. Competitive Salary with two discretionary bonus’ payments a year. Benefits such as Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Retirement Planning, 30 days holiday and free lunches when in the office.
Hybrid working pattern in all of our offices from London, New York, Singapore, Zug and Malaga.
Regular Town Halls and off-sites, team lunches and drinks.
A Corporate and Social Responsibility program as well as charity fundraising matching and volunteer days.
Immigration and relocation support where required.
GSR is proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon any applicable legally protected characteristics such as race, religion, colour, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or age. We operate a meritocracy, all aspects of people engagement from the decision to hire or promote as well as our performance management process will be based on the business needs and individual merit, competence in the role.
Learn more about us at www.gsr.io.