Sr. Graphic Designer
Chicago, IL (HQ)
Corporate – Marketing
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Senior Designer for GTI will design and develop innovative and strategic campaigns, packaging, marketing and sales assets to visually tell the brand story of our products and brands through design. As a part of the Marketing team, the Graphic Designer will strategize, define and execute on the design direction across a range of mediums including: packaging, print, point of sale materials, social media assets, brochures, sales collateral, etc.
As our ideal candidate, you are versatile in all aspects of design and possess strong graphic design and technical skills, highly creative with a great eye for detail and work well in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment! Candidates must be able to communicate ideas effectively and obtain buy-in in a cross-functional team environment.
- Develop and maintain visual standards for each brand
- Research, identify and share current industry design trends and competitive reviews as they relate to the brand(s)
- Consider project scope and develop compelling creative concepts for digital and print application
- Adapt national marketing campaign artwork for various marketing channels and cross local markets– email, print, social, digital, web site, etc.
- Organize and maintain digital files
- Work with external printers to ensure deadlines are met and materials are printed correctly
- Manage outside vendors/agencies/contractors as needed
- Social media and digital communications
- Collaborate with brand team for creative concepting and ideation through copywriting, technical design and execution
- Manage multiple projects and work with multiple disciplines at one time
- Actively participates in the creative process by asking questions, voicing opinions, and effectively collaborating with stakeholders to determine project needs
- Can collaborate with team members and multiple disciplines at all levels to ensure designs are consistent with brand guidelines
- Provide marketing design work across multiple mediums on a variety of projects, from sales collateral to multi-channel campaigns
- Provide print-ready artwork: oversee production of print material when necessary
- Provide on-screen visual designs in appropriate sizes, file formats
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in Graphic Design, either within a design firm, advertising agency, or an internal marketing or creative team
- Expertise in Adobe Creative suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom
- Proficient in print and digital design
- Web development knowledge is a plus
- Have a strong portfolio demonstrating a passion for design and skill in visual communication
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent knowledge of digital and print production
- Understand the concepts of functionality and usability
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking, continuously open to constructive, developmental feedback
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience designing for consumer goods and retail, preferred
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.