Associate Store Design Manager
Chicago, IL (HQ)
Retail – Real Estate & Construction
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
Our ideal candidate would complement our team with strong project management skills and would be flexible with a variety of responsibilities and scope of work. Essential to the Retail Design and Construction team, we are organized, self-reliant, problem-solvers; positive, energetic, good communicators. The reality of working in cannabis is that the only constant is change, so willingness to learn, and keep up with, various regulatory changes is a must.
Our ideal candidate should have professional experience with Retail or Hospitality Design and be experienced with detailing (interiors/exteriors), construction documents, and construction administration. Knowledge of shop drawings/millwork drawings and general understanding of permitting processes a plus. All candidates will be accountable for helping to uphold and execute the design and technical quality of each project while being able to adhere to established schedules & budgets.
- 4 to 6 yrs relevant professional experience preferred.
- Degree in Architectural studies, Interior Design, or Construction Management preferred
- Committed to challenging yourself to constantly improve and keep learning.
- Be self-starting with very strong work ethic.
- Be a team player willing to accept a full range of responsibilities and roles.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to take direction from colleagues.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, enthusiasm and professional commitment.
- Design & creative talent with attention to detail.
- Ability to diligently interface with project team (consultants, vendors and manufacturers, general contractors, etc).
- Ability to create conceptual, presentation, and technical drawings for all phases of project documentation, as needed to support the Retail Design team.
- Experience with building codes and generally knowledgeable in jurisdictional processes a plus.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, SketchUp (or other 3D Software), MS Office, Adobe Suite* *Please address your familiarity with these.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.