Patient Care Specialist
Retail – Field Retail
Part-Time or Full-Time/ Non-exempt
GTI is the parent company to RISE Dispensaries and Essence.
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national chains of retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 89 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,100 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
Patient Care Specialists engage in one-on-one interaction with patients from the time they enter the retail area until they check out and exit the store. Our ideal Patient Care Specialist candidate should be friendly and upbeat, much like a barista in your favorite coffee shop. Our incredible Patient Care Specialists are GTI’s secret to success—they connect each unique customer with just the right product and method of consumption for their needs. The Patient Care Specialist is a master of our menu and knows exactly how to help anyone who walks through the dispensary’s doors. If you have a smile that can light up a room, as well as a bowl, we’re looking for you!
- Help customers in the retail location in accordance with GTI's mission, vision, goals, and objectives
- Follow established policies for sales and customer service to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of every product and strain in the store
- Help customers make the right choices by knowing how different methods of cannabis consumption affect our patients differently and suggesting dosage starting points and upward titration for inexperienced patients
- Complete any work assigned during scheduled shift including:
- Correct cash handling and discount application
- Verification of proper paperwork, documentation and ID for patients
- Accurate use and maintenance of the Point Of Sale (POS) system; Accurate and timely data entry of patient profiles in both the POS system and the state's electronic verification system
- Maintenance of hard copy files (when required)
- Assistance in verifying order deliveries for accuracy
- Security measures and safety compliance
- Maintenance of an organized and clean store
- Management of visitor log
- Maintenance of open communication with the management team and other coworkers
- Reporting of employee issues or patient situations
- Provide any necessary support to the management team to ensure retail store operations run smoothly, properly and in compliance with the applicable rules and regulations, including: daily activities, maintenance, and patient information for any reported issues and/or complaints
Education & Qualifications
- 1-2+ year(s) of customer service experience; preference for candidates with specialty, customer-facing retail experience
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Consistent demonstration of excellent customer service skills
- Previous experience with POS systems
- Desire to continuously learn (more) about cannabis, cannabinoids and the endocannabinoid system, GTI products, and cannabis therapies – previous knowledge a HUGE plus!
- Ability to listen well and effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with various audiences
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and email
- Understanding of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age. Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must pass all required background checks
- Must be able to available to work our Hours of Operation: Tuesday-Friday: 11-6; Saturday: 11-5; Sundays: 11-3.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance), may include sitting or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching