Chicago, IL (HQ) /
Corporate – Accounting & Finance /
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries Inc. (“Green Thumb”), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, promotes well-being through the power of cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. Green Thumb manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Beboe, Dogwalkers, Dr. Solomon’s, incredibles, Rythm and The Feel Collection. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, Green Thumb has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 96 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, Green Thumb employs over 1,700 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. The company was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business and MG Retailer magazine in 2018 and 2019. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
As a Senior Accountant at GTI, you will be responsible for supporting Accounting operations on our Finance team. There are complexities to reviewing the P&L and Balance Sheet for our markets and it’s imperative that you understand all components from start to finish. You possess strong business acumen with the ability to effectively address both financial and operational challenges. Most importantly, you must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up culture such as GTI.
- Oversees the financials for up to two market operations including cultivation, dispensary and wholesale
- Supports all functions of the Finance team including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, billing, journal entries, check runs, reconciliations, month-end close, cash management and reporting
- Performs period-end financial close responsibilities
- Prepares supporting schedules for financial statements and quarterly and annual regulatory filings using applicable systems
- Duties include preparing journal entries and coding invoices/vouchers
- Performs reconciliations for area supported and analyzes resulting variances
- Proposes and prepares any adjusting entries necessary resulting from reconciliations
- Supports internal customers by researching questions and investigating variances on the financial statements
- Partners and leads special projects and process improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field, Master’s Degree or CPA certification, preferred
- 3+ years experience in Accounting
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At Green Thumb, we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. Green Thumb is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.