District Manager, Pennsylvania - West
Retail – Field Retail Leadership
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The District Manager will be responsible for leading a team of retail managers throughout Western Pennsylvania promoting a forward-thinking approach to achieving operational and service excellence. This person will strive to consistently meet (or exceed) financial and operational expectations with a goal to ultimately drive sales and customer or patient engagement.
The Market Manager’s duties are rooted in four areas of excellence:
1. Leadership and Talent Management
2. Patient or Customer Experience
3. Business Operations
- Keeping talent top of mind; continuously talent plan to ensure that the staffing plan of the region reflects the mission and standards of GTI’s commitment to culture. Keeping a strong pipeline of internal talent ready to rise and insuring they have a personalized plan of succession.
- Inspire teams through shared goals and dedication to creating a culture of positive recognition and business accountability.
- Set high expectations for exceptional patient experiences that are engaging, educational and personalized. Hold patient care management and staff to high expectations and accountable to the measurable results applicable.
- Develop, implement, execute and maintain the retail strategy and growth objectives. Partnering with Data and Analytics on the sales trends and make recommendations to define that strategy to maximize profitability
- Set sales targets and implement action plans for achieving set goals in each market and overall.
- Forecast sales figures and inventory requirements for each location
- Collaborate with Compliance and Operations Management to ensure quality and compliance to policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Minimum 5-7 years of retail management experience
- Must have maintained P&L responsibility for significant retail operations.
- Exceptional time management, planning and decision-making skills.
- Proven record of hiring and developing great talent & conflict resolution.
- Strong analytical skills, financial aptitude, and attention to detail.
- Can-do attitude and ability to adapt quickly; business is experiencing tremendous growth so previous operational experience in growth environment is substantially preferred
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Able to work a flexible schedule depending on the needs of the business; will require work on weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Travel up to 50%.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.