Chicago, IL (HQ)
Corporate – People & Culture
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Benefits Manager will be responsible for owning benefits administration planning for the entire GTI organization and sharing the payroll responsibility. Our ideal candidate will be comfortable managing big picture strategic efforts like system implementation and process improvements, as well as day-to-day tactical functions associated with GTI’s benefits administration, leave, wellness, retirement planning, and payroll. There is no task too big or too small, and you know how to do a lot with a little. You have the tenacity to quickly learn GTI’s organization and challenges of the cannabis industry, and foresee any obstacles. You are ready to learn new systems, establish SOPs, implement platform integrations, all the while, executing day-to-day tasks with a high level of accuracy.
- Benefits Administration:
- Manage annual Open Enrollment including communication, enrollment tracking, forms, changes, and updating vendor websites with new information
- Identify opportunities for process and system improvements within the benefits administration function and own from inception to implementation
- Handle tactical day-to-day benefits administration tasks
- Spearhead the GTI’s Wellness initiative by evaluating vendors, program roll-out, communication and administration of the programs
- Coordinate GTI’s inaugural Wellness screening program
- Lead any and all employee initiatives in partnership with the rest of the People team
- Audit benefit records to ensure accuracy and consistency of data across various benefit systems both internally and externally with vendors
- Assist with monthly review of Benefit Plan billing statements to ensure all additions, changes, and terminations are updated with our Benefit vendors on a regular basis
- Assist with employees with benefit related questions or issues
- Leave & Workers’ Compensation Administration:
- Update employee file and payroll with status updates and pay information.
- Be the liaison with outside consultant to ensure all leaves are notated in the HRIS system
- Analyze and reconcile leave discrepancies
- Assist payroll with workers’ compensation audits.
- Payroll Administration:
- Work as a backup to the Payroll Administer to process bi-weekly payroll for over 1600 employees which include hourly, non-exempt, salaried, exempt, 14 states
- Resolve benefit deduction discrepancies, process adjustments, manual checks and answer employee and management inquiries, as needed
- Support the Accounting team with reconciliations as it relates to PTO and benefit deductions and programs such as medical, dental, 401k, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- 5-7 years of HR
- Payroll experience preferred
- Proven experience with change management in a fast-paced, high growth organization
- Previous experience with HRIS system implementation
- Expert knowledge of federal and state regulations that govern benefit plans and leave management to include ERISA, ACA, IRS, FMLA, and ADAAA
- Advanced computer skills to include data entry in Excel
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential material
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.