Wholesale Operations – Production
Full-time / Exempt
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis cultivator, processor and dispensary operator, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis nationwide while giving back to the communities in which it serves. As a vertically integrated company, GTI manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™ dispensaries. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has eight manufacturing facilities and licenses for 60 retail locations across eight highly regulated U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs over 500 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
We are looking for an experienced Production Manager to manage a team of up to 20+ employees, who are responsible for product processing, packaging, labeling, and inventory management. This job requires the coordination of the day-to-day activities of this team of production workers to ensure that manufacturing operations run according to established production specifications and schedules. This position requires the monitoring of volume and quality of output and adjustment of tasks when necessary to ensure production throughput targets are met. This person must monitor employee performance daily to ensure that overall product quality and company safety standards are consistently executed.
- Lead team to maximize productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Encourages sharing of best practices within the team; breaks down barriers to teamwork; resolves conflict effectively.
- Sustain a consistent, long-term vision through continuous process improvement.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment to maximize safety and efficiency
- Create daily and weekly production schedules that meet overall production needs based on customer sales demand and designated inventory stocking levels. Plan your shift: Know the priorities, qty to be completed, what is next for that operation.
- Maximizing product throughout, efficiency and quality. Understand individual production rates for specific operations. Measure and track results; coach employee performance to achieve desired results.
- Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies
- Create weekly production schedule (to share at weekly production meeting)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience and education in operations management and production.
- 3-5 years’ experience supervising employees in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams to deliver improvement in plant KPIs.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
- Good understanding of budgeting and reporting
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the MA DPH to receive an Agent badge
We can't wait to meet you!