Plant Accountant - West Haven, CT
West Haven, CT
Corporate – Accounting & Finance
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
As a wholesale facility accountant at GTI, you will perform and coordinate all facility level accounting and financial activities to ensure financial integrity of facility operations. This role will support all day-to-day accounting, planning, and reporting to accurately reflect the facility’s finances. Additionally, you will be responsible for identifying potential cost saving opportunities to maximize facility profitability.
- Complete all monthly, quarterly and annual accounting entries related to facility costs and close the books
- Accounts Receivable collection
- Accounts Payable entry, coordination and oversight
- Provide reports and data to manufacturing department heads to assist them in managing their department expenses (including, but not limited to spending reports, operating reports, and variance analyses)
- Work with corporate accounting team to calculate, analyze, and maintain data to determine standard costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor
- Maintain the schedule for and perform / oversee all physical inventory reconciliations
- Analyze cost drivers, identify and recommend opportunities for cost-effective solutions
- Assist in preparation of balance sheet account reconciliations
- Provide financial support on as needed basis to general manager and other facility department heads
- Responsible for fixed asset safeguarding and tracking
- Conduct ad hoc analyses and projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 5+ years experience in general or cost accounting, preferably in a manufacturing/production environment
- Proven mastery of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.