Rock Island, IL
Wholesale Operations – Lab & Processing
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
About the Role:
When you join Green Thumb Industries as an Analytical Chemist, you'll be helping us ensure we are providing high quality cannabis product! The focus of the Analytical Chemist is to assist the Lab team with the activities and operations required to complete the functions of the department. This position is responsible for assisting with gathering samples, analytics, aiding in the production of cannabis infused products, maintaining compliance requirements and workplace safety protocol. You will need to study and comprehend all policies, procedures and operational guidelines set by the management team. As a naturally curious human, you are driven by finding answers to questions, by innovation, and by finding ways to better the lives of fellow humans!
- Prepares media, reagents and stains. Computes and measures quantity.
- Ensures orderly and environmentally correct storage of media, reagents, supplies, samples and equipment
- Perform routine analytical testing including HPLC testing, and monitor product disposition to support quality control
- Evaluate results of products to ensure compliance and consistency
- Records information on manual/computerized records, logs and related requests for analysis, shipping/transporting samples, ordering supplies/equipment, and status of water supply system.
- Packs and ships, picks up or delivers supplies, samples and equipment
- Employee may also be responsible for monitoring production line and collecting samples for analysis
- Familiarity with analytical scientific principles and laboratory experience. Can follow written direction and maintain a laboratory notebook, computer databases, and test reports
- Set up, operate, and maintain laboratory instruments/equipment, monitor experiments, make observations, calculate and record results
- Maintains and enforces Chemical Hygiene Policy and related labeling
- Follow SOP and standard analytical procedures to meet Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices compliance including good housekeeping habits throughout the facility
- Capable of working with hazardous chemicals and is able to identify and report unsafe equipment, conditions and practices so that they may be corrected prior to an incident
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related science field required
- 2 years experience working in a professional laboratory setting, experience and strong understanding of sample collection preferred
- HPLC and Chromatography experience a strong plus
- Advanced level of analytical chemistry knowledge, mathematical skills, and analytical techniques
- Knowledge of laboratory best practices
- Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and email
- Effective communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must possess a valid driver’s license or State ID card
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal & company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive & maintain a Cultivation Agent badge
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.