Wholesale Operations – Facilities & Maintenance
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
This position is responsible for assisting in the maintenance of the facility and handling work orders. A team-player through and through, the right Maintenance Tech is a multi-skilled person who can wear many hats and enjoys a variety of duties.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner, following Company work rules and policies.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Assist in construction, preventative, routine, and breakdown maintenance and repairs on all equipment in the facility.
- Perform routine filter cleaning and replacement activities on HVAC units and other equipment throughout the facility.
- Understand and operate with a high level of knowledge concerning equipment in the facility.
- Understand the facilities plumbing, electrical, irrigation, HVAC and security systems.
- Responsible for unloading freight deliveries.
- Assist other departments with meeting production goals.
- Responsible for any other duties as may be assigned.
- Help create a positive environment by having a positive attitude and by being self-motivated.
- Research, evaluate and adapt to new methods, in order to meet or exceed goals, and or modify their technique/procedures based on all applicable laws.
- Invest time in learning new products and be able to communicate with direct supervisors as necessary.
- Must work well with others and be able to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure and technique.
- Employee must exhibit personal hygiene and follow the health guidelines set forth by GTI and the state of Maryland while processing patient medicine.
- Employee must be able to work well independently, as well as with others.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively with various audiences, especially with the direct supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately, keeping in mind management expectations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees.
- Employee must be able to follow basic instructions as well as be able to take constructive criticism from their managers so they can help maintain quality standards and production goals.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner, following the company’s work rules and policies.
- Capable of working safely with a minimum of supervision.
- Must have willingness, desire, aptitude, and ability to learn all facets of maintenance work.
- Must be capable of utilizing all basic hand tools.
- Will be expected to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to work from ladders, forklift, scaffolding, sky climbers and temporary platforms.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have ability to follow directions and work independently.
- High School Education or GED graduate; some college or college graduate preferred.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical and general construction
- Highly knowledgeable with hand and power tools
- 1-2 years experience in maintenance or similar position preferred
- 1-2 years experience in warehousing and inventory preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the MMCC to receive an Agent badge
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.