Laboratory/MIP Technician - 2nd Shift
Wholesale Operations – Lab & Processing
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
This position is responsible for assisting with lab procedures and MIP (Marijuana Infused Products) production, which includes but is not limited to inventory management, production of cannabis products, adherence to compliance requirements, and lab safety. In this role, you will assist the Lab team with the activities and operations required to complete the functions of the department. Additionally, you will study and comprehend all policies, procedures and operational guidelines set by the management team.
- Assist the MIP (Marijuana Infused Products) Department in meeting the production demand quantity and quality in accordance with GTI operating procedures
- Ensure inventory tracking of all processing material
- Work collaboratively to maintain, clean, and service laboratory equipment as required by SOPs and manufacturer specifications
- Document and continually develop changing internal processes and standards for MIP department as well as continually reviewing current systems for operational efficiency
- Ensure all standards for processing procedures and laboratory protocols are followed and production process are compliant with regulations
- Conduct studies, identify problems, recommend alternatives and implement solutions selected by the management team
- Respond to emergencies at any time. This may include covering vacant shifts.
- Review training procedures and seek continued education to ensure delivery on all job functions
- Follow safety programs and protocols and provide updates as necessary
- Facilitate inspections by governing agencies
- Maintain open communication with management team and co-workers
- Must be available to work 2nd shift (availability in the afternoon and evenings)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Two or four year degree in chemistry, biology, or related field preferred
- Previous laboratory or manufacturing experience required
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: May be required to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (200 pounds with assistance)
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.