Packaging & Processing Specialist
Wholesale Operations – Production
Full-time / Non-exempt
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. As a vertically integrated company, GTI manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 11 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 72 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 600 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
This position is responsible for manicuring wet or dry plant material, breaking down plants, and packaging plant material and infused products. This person will also have some responsibility for tracking product electronically on the company MRP system to ensure compliance with state laws and program regulations.
- Break plant material off stem and stalk in order to separate unusable waste from usable product.
- Exhibit competency in basic organizational skills, communication skills and windows based operating software.
- Package infused and plant material into proper containers with proper labeling to ensure compliance with state regulations. Electronically convert packaged products in the state traceability system.
- Manage time efficiently in order to meet goals while consistently producing quality product.
- Sanitation & cleanup of all processing areas throughout the day.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Use independent judgment in regards to product processing, keeping quality and goals in mind.
- Help create a positive environment by having a positive attitude and by being self-motivated.
- Invest time in learning new products.
- Must be able to work well in a group and independently; demonstrate self-motivation and initiative.
- Must be able to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure and technique.
- Employee must exhibit personal hygiene and follow the health guidelines set forth by GTI and the state of Illinois while processing patient medicine.
- Must have a basic understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state and the D.O.A.; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws is appreciated and commendable.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively with various audiences, especially with the direct supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees.
- Ability to perform a monotonous task with great efficiency over 8 hour work periods without losing quality.
- Employee must be able to follow basic instructions as well as be able to take constructive criticism from their managers so they can help maintain quality standards and production goals.
- Must have a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license or State ID card.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal and company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge.
Minimum Education & Experience
- High School Education or GED graduate; some college or college graduate preferred.
- 1-2 years experience processing medical marijuana or other botanicals preferred.
- 1-2 years experience in warehousing and inventory preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
We can't wait to meet you!