Chicago, IL (HQ)
Corporate – Accounting & Finance
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Accounting Manager will play a critical role in the growth of our Finance department. You will be the key individual to drive the Accounting function in support of the organization. You will be responsible for supporting the management and oversight of the daily operations of the team, as well as, ensuring the internal control framework and accounting work flow is followed. You possess strong business acumen with the ability to effectively address both financial and operational challenges. Most importantly, you must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up culture such as GTI.
- Supports the management and oversight of the daily operation of the Accounting department
- Manages the teams’ general accounting activities, including recording company transactions, classifications, and reconciliation of account balances in accordance with GAAP and company policy
- Implements new accounting policies and ensures those policies are communicated appropriately
- Prepares and reviews financial statements
- Documents standard operating procedures
- Reviews payables and receivables for completeness and accuracy
- Communicates to vendors and customers with respect to status of payables, overdue balances, etc.
- Responds to one-time and ongoing due diligence requests from financial institutions, state regulators, etc.
- Reviews and processes employee expense reports
- Supervises physical inventories at operational facilities
- Supports external audit and review process
- Maintains intercompany ledgers and ensures intercompany payables/receivables are in balance
- Mentors, coaches, and develops employees through orientation, training, goal setting and communication while ensuring team engagement and morale
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7 years of experience working in an accounting role preferably with direct reports
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- CPA certification is a plus
- Ability to direct and supervise
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.