Wholesale Operations – Research & Development (R&D)
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
Responsibility in assisting product strategy and oversight of stability programs related to cannabis operations. This includes, and it not limited to, activities associated with product stability strategy, stability program requirements, approval of stability protocols, and preparation, review and approval of stability reports and finding. Study and comprehend all policies, procedures and operational guidelines set by the management team. This position is responsible for assisting with lab/production operations, which includes but is not limited to method development, compliance requirements, and workplace safety.
- Collect and perform testing on stability samples in a timely and accurate manner to support the stability program and meet deadlines
- Establish, execute, and review stability protocols and reports
- Execute testing of raw materials and finished products in support of release or materials
- Inspect analytical data for compliance with GTI policies and procedures, and GMP
- Package samples by following protocols to ensure appropriate storage/conditions
- Work with analytical department to assure all analytical equipment complies (calibration and maintenance) with GTI policies and procedures
- Preserve files, perform data entry into spreadsheets and proprietary computer systems, and maintain documentation is accurate, clear, concise, and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Keep a clean, safe, and orderly workplace, following all applicable OSHA policies and procedures
- Assist the QA/QC workgroup with any routine testing and/or maintenance
- Assists in new research and development of quality programs and procedures
- Executes individual project goals and follows outlined priorities for R&D and quality endeavors.
- Records and aids maintenance of technical documents, databases, and reports.
- Follows SOPs, formulation spreadsheets, inventories, traceability logs, tracking logs, etc.
- Aids in the maintenance of inventories stability research and development raw materials, chemicals, and equipment.
- Aids compliance and accuracy involving all product tracking, product security, and product creation.
- Must follow all applicable policies, procedures and guidelines. This includes the safe and proper operation of any/all applicable machinery, instrumentation, and equipment.
- Operates laboratory instruments, makes observations, calculates and records results.
- Understands and meets daily goals, expectations, and deadlines.
- Works as part of a team to meet research and development and quality schedules.
- Employee may also be responsible for monitoring production line and collecting samples for various testing and stability programs.
- Follow SOPs and standard analytical procedures to meet Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices compliance.
- Practices highly sterile laboratory cleaning procedures throughout the facility with focus and personal contributions towards a clean and organized assigned work area at the end of the assigned shift.
- Capability of troubleshooting, fixing, and services a wide range of equipment and software with little to no assistance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in biology, chemistry, or physics.
- Prior Laboratory experience.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered, including internal experience.
- Relevant experience in good manufacturing practices (cGMP) and laboratory quality control or stability is required
- Prior experience in research.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees.
- Ability to take direction and initiative.
- Skills in intermediate math
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with coworkers and management.
- Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals.
- Experience in standard lab instruments (HPLC, analytical balances, pH meter, etc.)
- Familiarity with ICH stability guidelines is preferred
- Experience with lab procedures (assay and impurities, dilution, etc.)
- Experience with out of specification investigations, root cause analysis, would be preferred but not required
- Flexibility and the ability to shift work schedule according to research and development needs.
- Understanding & adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and email.
- Enthusiasm for research and formulating/improving product formulations.
- Ability to be detail oriented, multi-task and produce results.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Must be able to carry out repetitive tasks at a continuously high level of quality.
- Capable of working with hazardous chemicals and able to identify and report unsafe equipment, conditions and practices so that they may be corrected prior to an incident.
- Active driver’s license or State ID card.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must pass all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal & company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must be approved to receive & maintain an Agent badge
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.