Deerfield Beach, FL
Retail – RISE Dispensary - Field Retail
Full-time / Exempt
Come RISE with us! GTI is the parent company to RISE Dispensaries.
Green Thumb Industries (GTI) is a Chicago-based medical cannabis company operating successfully in 5 states around the country. We are comprised of accomplished professionals, business people, world-class entrepreneurs, and philanthropists, who are driven by the dual commitment to helping medical cannabis patients and the communities we serve. GTI’s team has proven experience operating successful businesses, long-term expertise in adhering to sustainable business practices, and a deep understanding of the law with regard to the regulatory process surrounding medical cannabis.
We are a team of people inspiring and empowering others to live their best lives. We believe that everyone deserves the dignity of health and well-being and are on a mission to provide safe, effective and therapeutic medical cannabis nationwide by operating world class cultivation facilities and customer-first retail experiences. We are committed to progressing positive social change and providing dignified access to safe and quality cannabis nationwide while giving back to the communities we call home.
The Shift Supervisor is first and foremost a model Patient Care Specialist, as well as, an extension of the managerial team on the floor. Our ideal candidate is someone that is a natural leader and understands the critical importance of upholding a productive, compliant, and professional culture in all of our retail stores.
You are a core member of the Management team and expected to work hand-in-hand with the General, Store and/or Assistant Manager in developing a professional team of Patient Care Specialists as it relates to continued education and training on products, strains, and general cannabis knowledge, diligence with compliance as it applies to state and local rules and regulations and providing heavy lifting to make sure the operations of the store are efficient and streamlined.
As a Shift Supervisor, you are someone that sets a good example, delivers best-in-class service and product knowledge with your customers and patients, and strives to energize and inspire all members of the team while upholding the integrity of the company as a walking billboard for GTI and RISE’s culture and values.
- Provide best-in-class customer service to the patients and customers that is expected of all of our Patient Care Specialists
- Follow and uphold established policies for sales and customer service to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of every product and strain in the store, as well as industry-wide product knowledge and strive to train and share that knowledge with other members of the team
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining inventory levels, ensuring an assortment of product, and communicating inventory action items with the GM or Store Manager
- Assist all Patient Care Specialists in the consultation of all patients and customers to ensure that the employee is empowered and informed on the right product choices by being knowledgeable of how different methods of cannabis consumption affect our patients differently and suggesting dosage starting points and upward titration for inexperienced patients
- Complete and appropriately delegate (if applicable) tasks assigned during scheduled shift including:
- Correct cash handling and discount application
- Verification of proper paperwork, documentation and ID for patients
- Accurate use and maintenance of the Point of Sale (POS) system
- Accurate and timely data entry of patient profiles in both the POS system and the regulatory electronic verification systems
- Assistance in verifying order deliveries for accuracy
- Security measures and safety compliance
- Maintenance of an organized and clean store
- Management of visitor log
- Maintenance of open communication with the management team and other coworkers
- Reporting of team member issues or patient situations
- End of day daily update e-mails
- Opening and closing duties
- Ensuring accuracy with the vault
- Work with the Management team to ensure retail store operations run smoothly, properly, and in compliance with the applicable rules and regulations, including:
- Daily activities, maintenance, and patient information for any reported issues and/or complaints
- Open and closing procedures
- Compliance and performance write-ups
- Lead in the onboarding and training of new Patient Care Specialists in partnership with the Assistant, Store, or General Manager
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Cannabis experience required
- At least 1 year in a supervisory or management role in a retail setting, specifically with POS business operations
- Must have strong work ethic, attention to detail, strong communication and leadership skills, and be proactive
- Meets timelines consistently and be able to effectively work under pressure
- Continuously open to constructive, developmental feedback
- High level of interpersonal skills in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment, often working cross functionally
- Inventory control experience
- Strong math skills
- Ability to use standard office equipment and computer software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications, and email
- Must be 21+ years or older
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Possess valid driver’s license or state ID
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance). This job function may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching