Infused Production Specialist
Rock Island, IL
Wholesale Operations – Lab & Processing
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Infused Production Specialist is responsible for assisting with the production of various cannabis infused products which includes but is not limited to inventory management, adherence to compliance and safety requirements, and naturally, production of cannabis infused products! In this role, you will work with various instruments and equipment in a team, goal-oriented environment. Our ideal candidate will have 2 or more years’ experience in a production, lab, or food safety environment, an infectiously positive attitude, and is hungry for a new challenge!
- Set-up and operate various instruments and equipment according to SOP’s
- Meet set production deadlines by working efficiently with a sense of urgency
- Document production by completing forms, reports, equipment logs, sanitation checklists and batch records
- Trouble shoot problems with equipment, devices and products
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by following current good manufacturing practices (GMP) and GTI standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Handle hazardous and non-hazardous waste per SOP and local requirements
- Assist management in processing and testing of products, processes and procedures
- Perform quality inspections of product
- Maintain inventory of raw materials
- Work as part of a team to meet production schedules
- 2+ years experience in production, lab, or food safety environment required
- Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals
- Basic math skills
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.