Packaging & Processing Specialist
Wholesale Operations – Production (Packaging + Processing)
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
This position is responsible for manicuring wet or dry plant material, breaking down plants, and packaging plant material and infused products. This person will also have some responsibility for tracking product electronically on the company MRP system to ensure compliance with state laws and program regulations.
- Break plant material off stem and stalk in order to separate unusable waste from usable product.
- Exhibit competency in basic organizational skills, communication skills and windows based operating software.
- Package infused and plant material into proper containers with proper labeling to ensure compliance with state regulations. Electronically convert packaged products in the state traceability system.
- Manage time efficiently in order to meet goals while consistently producing quality product.
- Sanitation & cleanup of all processing areas throughout the day.
- Use independent judgment in regards to product processing, keeping quality and goals in mind.
- Help create a positive environment by having a positive attitude and by being self-motivated.
- Invest time in learning new products
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Education or GED graduate; some college or college graduate preferred.
- 1-2 years experience processing medical marijuana or other botanicals preferred.
- 1-2 years experience in warehousing and inventory preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal and company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge.
- Must be able to work well in a group and independently; demonstrate self-motivation and initiative.
- Must be able to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure and technique.
- Employee must exhibit personal hygiene and follow the health guidelines set forth by GTI and the state of Massachusetts while processing patient medicine.
- Must have a basic understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state and the D.O.A.; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws is appreciated and commendable.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively with various audiences, especially with the direct supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees.
- Ability to perform a monotonous task with great efficiency over 8 hour work periods without losing quality.
- Employee must be able to follow basic instructions as well as be able to take constructive criticism from their managers so they can help maintain quality standards and production goals.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or State ID card.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform reaching, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.