Packaging & Processing Supervisor
Carson City, NV
Wholesale Operations – Production (Packaging + Processing)
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Packaging & Processing Supervisor to oversee a team of 8-12 employees, who are doing daily product processing, packaging, labeling, and inventorying in addition to the processing of orders including picking, packing, and delivering them with the in-house driver pool. You will be the one to ensure product quality standards are maintained, complete and accurate orders are processed and delivered, and inventory integrity is maintained. The production supervision duties are mostly hands-on and direct in nature and require substantial time be spent on the plant floor working closely and directly with all production employees.
- Lead packaging & processing employees to perform in a proficient manner, providing motivation through personal example and interpersonal skills
- Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities
- Establish, implement, and continuously improve departmental policies, goals, objectives
- Accomplish manufacturing results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Manage employees by training, coaching, counseling and disciplining
- Use analytical skills to monitor production output and check for compliance to specifications
- Ensure employees are following all safety and operating procedures
- Employ critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including ability to spot issues in efficiency/productivity and suggest improvements
- 2+ years in supervisory capacity; experience in production environment preferred
- High school diploma or GED required; BSc/BA in supply chain, logistics or relative field is a definite plus
- Experience in directing and evaluating subordinates
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
- Strong odors of extracted cannabis and cannabis plants on a consistent basis
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.