Part-Time Delivery Driver
Rock Island, IL
Wholesale Operations – Transportation
Part-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
This position is responsible for safely and compliantly delivering medical cannabis products to GTI’s customers within the state of Illinois. This position will also assist production in various departments when not on the road.
- Loading the delivery van at the beginning of the day for deliveries that will happen throughout the day
- Ability to interpret and execute state laws and regulations required when delivering medical cannabis
- Working knowledge of vehicle maintenance and ability to complete routine maintenance tasks (changing tires, check and add fluids, etc)
- Ability to manage the documents associated with medical cannabis delivery, ensuring that proper documents are kept and manifests are returned completed and ready for filing.
- Assist in other departments to meet production needs while not on the road.
- Must follow the rules of the road and execute defensive driving.
- Complete documentation and reporting as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
· Help create a positive work environment by maintaining a positive attitude, having integrity and being self-motivated.
- Ability to maintain positive professional relationships with dispensary staff
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively with various audiences, especially with the direct supervisors and co-workers
- Ability to communicate effectively when issues arise while making deliveries
- Delivery staff must have a basic understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state and the D.O.A.; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws is appreciated and commendable.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately, keeping in mind management expectations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees.
- Ability to work a 12 hour day when needed
- Employee must be able to follow basic instructions as well as be able to take constructive criticism from their managers so they can help maintain the expectations of both GTI and the dispensaries.
- Valid State or Illinois driver’s license
- Must have Clean driving record for the past 3 years
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
Minimum Education and Experience
- High School Education or GED graduate
- Must be able to sit and drive for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance) AND must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with product.
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.