Rock Island, IL
Wholesale Operations – Cultivation & Harvest
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
We’re looking for a true team player who’s blazing with passion for the cannabis industry to serve as Assistant Head Grower for our operations in Rock Island, IL. In this role, you’ll help provide big-picture direction and leadership to our grow team, and you’ll play a key role in ensuring our facilities are up to snuff when it comes to safety measures and GTI’s operating standards. This role is for someone who loves to keep open channels of communication and triple- and quadruple-check every detail of daily operations.
- Partner with Head Grower to execute against assigned grow operations and projects
- Responsible for directing work with the Grow Team and ensuring team works at and above GTI Grow Team expectations
- Manage, supervise and direct the activities of assigned staff; make recommendations regarding hiring, discipline, termination or advancement of employees. Assign work and monitor progress; guide, train and develop employees in the accomplishment of their duties and goals through professional growth
- Direct and assist management of grow schedules, personnel and quality assurance practices
- Assure compliance with local, state, and federal licensing requirements
- Accurate data entry in inventory tracking systems
- Will be required to be on-call and to respond to emergency situations at any time. This may include scheduling issues, potentially covering a vacant shift, facility issues and/ or human resources requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree in Horticulture, Agriculture, related science degree or 5+ years in production agriculture environment
- 2 years supervisory experience preferred
- 2+ years of commercial greenhouse cultivation experience
- Proven experience in overseeing aspects of professional production environments including equipment handling, production operations, processing and execution
- Knowledgeable of growing methods including micronutrients, beneficial bacteria, and nutrient implementation
- Knowledge of plant diseases, insects, and fungi, as well as plant treatment options
- Strong knowledge of plant varieties with high yield and /or disease and insect resistant characteristics
- Cannabis growing experience preferred, not required
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state and the D.O.A.; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws is appreciated and commendable
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.