Quality & Compliance Manager
Rock Island, IL
Wholesale Operations – Operations
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Quality and Compliance Manager is responsible for managing all quality management (QA/QC) and compliance operations at GTI’s cultivation and production facility in Rock Island, IL. Specifically, the Quality and Compliance Manager will play a key role in upgrading or developing and implementing GTI’s quality assurance policies and standard operating procedures and ensure compliance with all GTI standard operating procedures and applicable federal, state, county, and municipal laws, regulations, ordinances, and regulations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the facility’s Quality and Compliance department and ensure all employees understand and follow all standard operating procedures.
- Maintain and update, as directed, GTI’s Quality Management System.
- Develop process and product testing to ensure quality standards are met and oversee determination of finished product disposition.
- Review and approve any deviations to procedures and submit SOP revision request as necessary.
- Implement, and maintain sanitation and quality control practices that ensure the safety and quality of cannabis, including purity and consistency.
- Review and approve decisions about whether to investigate a cannabis product complaint and review and approve the findings and follow-up action of any investigation performed.
- Assemble the employees, or experts needed to conduct a cannabis product complaint investigation.
- Implement recall procedures that are supported by test results or other scientific documentation or expert opinion or as mandated by applicable regulations.
- Implement GTI’s policies, procedures, and best practices to promote compliance.
- Conduct or oversee audits of the facility.
- Investigate and resolve compliance concerns, issues, or violations.
- Collaborate with the GM and/or GTI’s corporate compliance team weekly to compile compliance concerns, issues or violations.
- Stay up to date with changes in rules and regulations.
- Promote awareness and responsibility through training and regular communication throughout the facility.
- Manage, Train and Develop QA/QC employees to perform in a proficient manner, providing motivation through personal example and interpersonal skills to create a cohesive unit.
- Establish employee goals, monitor employee performance, and provide regular 1x1 performance feedback to help the employee succeed.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a QA/QC role in a regulated cannabis production or similar facility, with at least 1 year of supervisory responsibility.
- Minimum of 3 years of compliance experience, ideally in the regulated cannabis industry or another regulated industry, such as alcohol, tobacco, or manufacturing.
- SQF, ISO, GMP or similar certification experience preferred.
- QMS auditor or similar certification a plus.
- Law firm and/or regulatory experience followed by an in-house corporate role a plus.
Other Personal Characteristics
- Unassailable integrity and ethics.
- The ability to deliver on specific performance goals and effectively manage a team to achieve objectives through a constructive management style.
- The interpersonal skills and credibility to communicate with regulators and inspectors.
- Strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying complex problems and providing effective resolutions.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Work under pressure on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels.
- Ability to understand the fluid nature of the cannabis industry and adapt without compromising the advisory role for which you were hired.
- Illinois driver’s license or State ID card
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal and company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 1-2 years Experience in Quality Control and/or Regulatory Compliance required
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.