Packaging & Processing Lead
Carson City, NV
Wholesale Operations – Production (Packaging + Processing)
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Packaging & Processing Lead takes the forefront on our Packaging & Processing team, who are doing daily product processing, packaging, labeling, and inventorying in addition to the processing of orders including picking, packing, and delivering them with the in-house driver pool. You will be the one to ensure product quality standards are maintained, complete and accurate orders are processed and delivered, and inventory integrity is maintained. The production supervision duties are mostly hands-on and direct in nature and require substantial time be spent on the plant floor working closely and directly with all production employees.
- Receive, process, package and label product
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization
- Complete logs for inventory
- Report and resolve any discrepancies
- Inspect labels, barcodes and other features of completed product and orders
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
- Resolve issues regarding shipped orders
- Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies
- Proven experience in a manufacturing or logistics environment
- Bachelors degree in supply chain, logistics, or business a plus
- Good understanding of budgeting and reporting
- Experience in directing and evaluating subordinates
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.