System Administrator, Servers and Storage
Chicago, IL (HQ)
Corporate – Technology
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
GTI is a high-growth company in a new industry looking to grow its internal IT department. As a green field project this is an incredibly exciting opportunity to help design the systems and team that you have always wanted to be a part of. The System Administrator will be responsible to deploy, support, and backup server and storage infrastructure across the enterprise ensuring reliability and resiliency. As a System Administrator you are a problem solver and genuinely like helping team members work through issues with their computer systems, software, hardware, etc. This role is located in our Chicago HQ.
We are specifically seeking a candidate with extensive server management experience (100+ preferred), supporting an employee population of 1000+, and managing large data sets. Some travel (10-15%) is required.
- Manage, maintain and monitor the global internal & external (cloud) systems and infrastructure
- Design and deploy systems for 100+ manufacturing and retail locations
- Manage large storage array’s containing mission critical data
- Manage backups and perform regular disaster recovery testing
- Create infrastructure documentation and keep it up to date on our team wiki
- Automate system administration tasks
- Work closely with department members to design, build, test, and deploy our systems
- Manage your own IT projects and take full ownership
- Sync your activities and share your experience with a diverse team
- Some travel required. You will be required to work on-site at GTI dispensaries and cultivation facilities. Must be comfortable working around cannabis.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field
- At least 5 years experience in System Administration
- Good communication & troubleshooting skills
- Experience with monitor and alerting systems
- The ability to work flexible, independently as well as in a team
- Passion for IT
- The desire to grow yourself, your team and the company
- Must be comfortable working around cannabis products
- Must posses a valid drivers license
- MCSA, MCSE
- Deep knowledge of PowerShell or Python scripting
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.