Wholesale Operations – Cultivation & Harvest
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
About the Role:
Does everything you touch turn to green? Here at GTI, we’re looking for a grow tech who’s hard working, goal oriented, positive attitude, and able to adapt to change. We need someone to lead by example in the cultivation center, potting, big leafing, and harvesting with expert care and precision, all while maintaining compliance. In this role, you’ll be the Oglesby's extra dab of knowledge and experience, bringing an advanced skill set to the whole operation. If you’re ready to lead among the leaves, come grow your career with GTI!
- Execute & complete assigned tasks, projects and expectations of the Grow Department in accordance with GTI’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives. Main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Harvesting plants
- Big leafing plants
- Potting plants
- Managing waste
- Maintain open communication with management team and co-workers
- Report employee issues or product situations
- Abide by the companies and grow department’s safety policies
- Follow all SOPs, verbal directives, training information and policies when performing duties
- Ability to get along with others and maintain positive attitude
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences, especially with direct supervisors and co-workers
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees
- Basic math skills
- Understand applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures
- Ability to work independently throughout a workday with given directives
- Previous manufacturing/laborer experience preferred
- Previous agricultural experience preferred
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered, including internal experience.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state and the D.O.A.; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws is appreciated and commendable
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, lifting, walking, standing, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: VERY LABOR INTENSIVE. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 75 pounds (150 pounds with assistance), may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.