Lead Grow Technician
Wholesale Operations – Cultivation & Harvest
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Lead Grow Technician is an entry-level peer leader and motivator! You’ll work with the Head Grower, Grow Supervisor, and other leaders to translate goals and procedures from an operational, production-driven outlook into real-word plans and ideas that work for the people working hands-on with the cannabis plant.
- Offer peer support to Grow Techs to perform in a proficient manner, providing motivation through personal example and interpersonal skills
- Ensure employees are following all safety & operating procedures and GTI policies.
- Maintain compliance with all State laws/regulations that affect GTI operations and safety, while promoting safety policies and awareness
- Working cooperatively with grow team members to complete daily tasks
- Propagate and perform daily care of clones
- Identify mutations, stunted plants, or the appearance of deficiencies as early as possible
- Help achieve vigorous and healthy growth of veg stock
- Conduct essential METRC functions where applicable
- Water veg plants and understand fertilizer program
- Prune, top, and defoliate as necessary for an even, well trained canopy
- Assist with each harvest and encourage peers to meet productivity goals
- High school diploma or equivalent required; relevant college or vocational training a plus
- Previous cannabis cultivation experience preferred
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered, including internal experience.
- Skill in analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and implementing recommendations in support of Company philosophies and goals.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately.
- Understanding of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the Grow operation.
- Must possess valid government-issued photo ID.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or Company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must obtain and retain a state-issued Medical Cannabis ID badge
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, reaching, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- May be required to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and balance up to 50 pounds (300 pounds with assistance)
- Must be able to climb and work on ladders and at heights above 6 feet
- Must be able to work in high temperatures and humidity while wearing appropriate uniforms, which may include full body coverings.
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.