VP, Wholesale Site Operations
Wholesale Operations – Operations
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
GTI is seeking a VP, Site Operations to lead and oversee all aspects of cultivation and processing at our operations facilities across our organization. You will direct a team of General Managers in our growing number of double digit cultivation and manufacturing facilities across the country, and have primary day-to-day responsibility for directing and managing all areas of manufacturing, operational strategic planning, meeting quality standards, enhancing the supply chain infrastructure, and improving upon SOPs and KPIs across all aspects of our ops business.
- Oversee strategic planning and vision for all plant operations for cultivation, processing, packaging, maintenance, quality and logistics/fulfillment.
- Lead and motivate a geographically dispersed team of General Managers to develop and deliver innovative continuous improvement solutions to improve product quality, reduce manufacturing costs, produce more efficiently, and amplify overall operations procedures via SOP and KPI establishment
- Provide and apply a current understanding of industry best practices, supplier network capabilities, and category/market trends to team members and business partners
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Federal and State regulatory requirements as well as ensuring compliance with Corporate, Health, Safety, Sanitation, Quality and other regulations
- Work safety – Ensures that all tasks and functions of position are performed in a safe manner at all times and that all procedures and requirements are properly followed to accomplish assigned tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent experience and tenure; Advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of manufacturing operations experience in CPG, pharma, food, beverage, or other relevant industries
- 5+ years of leadership experience with a proven ability to strengthen and guide a team
- Broad knowledge of standards of manufacturing technology, equipment, food safety, organizational development/management, finance and employee relations
- Understanding of demand planning, distribution and warehouse management, logistics and transportation, purchasing, and customs compliance experience preferred
- Strong background in lean manufacturing / six sigma, organizational architecture, food safety, finance and employee relations
- Adaptive and able to thrive in a demanding, fast-paced environment
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.