Supply Chain Planner
Wholesale Operations – Supply Chain
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Supply Chain Planner for GTI will be responsible for supporting supply chain activities at the Danville cultivation center inclusive of; processing, production scheduling & planning, inventory management, material resource management, procurement, supply chain performance and logistics. In this role you will be responsible for making sure Danville has enough inventory on hand to meet established sales and service objectives.
You will bring depth of working with a high amount of skus, thrive in a start-up, gritty environment and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive in. Negative attitudes are not tolerated here at GTI. Bring your moxie and make it happen.
- Production Planning
- Ability to analyze and manage current inventory needs and levels to ensure a steady supply of ingredients and materials to support the immediate demands and forecasted future demands.
- Collaborate with sales & corporate teams in SOP process to build production plans, schedules, & track actuals for product categories to ensure raw materials & finished goods are planned appropriately
- Collect and verify data, review production plans for finished good items, run analysis for cross-functional optimization
- Inventory Management
- Show proficiency with inventory management strategies and company assets to promote a healthy supply chain with a steady flow of goods and materials
- Manage daily analysis of internal & external packaging inventory based off forecasted and historical sales
- Assist with month end closing for the accounting department for purchase orders, inventory, and internal transfers
- Procurement & Logistics
- Execute purchasing for ingredients, raw materials and facility supplies
- Arrange transportation of supplies to and between other GTI facilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Business Administration, Finance or related degree
- 3+ years’ experience related to supply chain, production planning, and/or purchasing working with many skus
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel required
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Applicants must be over 21 years old and have a driver’s license before being hired in addition to be passing all background check, drug tests, and pre-employment screenings on conflict resolution, and de-escalation tactics
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.