Senior IT Specialist
Las Vegas, NV
Corporate – Technology
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
GTI is seeking a Senior IT Specialist to support our growing fleet of retail stores and wholesale production facilities in and around Nevada. This is an opportunity for a seasoned IT professional with the experience to operate independently, and the flexibility to get up and go to any number of locations on a moment’s notice. Our ideal candidate has a strong Windows background, software and hardware troubleshooting, POS, and networking experience. You’ll be travelling to our locations frequently, so reliable transportation is a must. If you are looking for an IT role where no two days are the same, we want to talk to you!
- Troubleshooting escalated hardware/software/OS service tickets and owning them to resolution. Support requests will arrive via online chat, phone calls, and a helpdesk ticketing system, and include issues that can be resolved remotely, as well as tickets that will require on-site resolution.
- Regularly visiting retail stores and grow/manufacturing facilities for general maintenance and incident response
- Standing up new locations as they open, including deploying hardware (telephones, computers, printers), racking servers, patching equipment, setting up network connections, and troubleshooting POS systems.
- Experience with imaging, configuring, and deploying devices with an ability to follow documentation
- Create and maintain documentation for end users, assist with creation of Knowledge Base articles for the helpdesk, and documentation for IT coworkers (new equipment procedures, fixes, etc.)
- Frequent (50%+) travel to remote sites
- 8+ years experience in an IT role
- Experience installing and troubleshooting issues with hardware (laptops/printers/scanners/network connections/ A/V system) and software including (Windows 10, MS Office 365 apps, etc.)
- POS experience preferred
- The ability to not only juggle tasks/projects, but also to handle shifting priorities at a moment’s notice
- Excellent judgement, able to operate with little oversight
- Resourceful in your technical ability as well as responsive and conscientious to employee needs
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical coworkers.
- Strong ability to walk users through fixes and explain concepts to users who have different levels of IT familiarity
- The ability to lift items up to 45 pounds (required in the handling of shipments, server hardware, etc.)
- Ability to travel and reliable transportation required
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.