Wholesale Operations – Cultivation (Grow)
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Grow Specialist provides manual labor to support the activities and operations of the Grow Department, while abiding by laws, rules, policies, procedures and operational guidelines.
- Execute & complete assigned tasks, projects and expectations of the Grow Department in accordance with GTI’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives. Main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Harvesting plants and documenting in State traceability program
- Deleafing plants and documenting in State traceability program
- Potting plants
- Managing waste and documenting in State traceability program
- Maintain open communication with management team and co-workers
- Report employee issues or product situations
- Abide by GTI and grow department’s safety policies
- Follow all SOPs, verbal directives, training information and policies when performing duties
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous manufacturing/laborer experience preferred
- Previous agricultural experience preferred
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered, including internal experience.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences, especially with direct supervisors and co-workers
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees
- Basic math skills
- Understand applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures
- Ability to work independently throughout a workday with given directives
- Valid driver’s license or State ID card
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform reaching, grasping, lifting, walking, standing, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: VERY LABOR INTENSIVE. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 125 pounds (250 pounds with assistance), may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching.
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.