Carson City, NV
Wholesale Operations – Lab & Processing
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
We’re looking for a Laboratory Lead to assist in the day to day operations of our Carson City lab. Every day in the lab, our team works the magic of distillation, extraction, winterization, and the production of our cannabis-infused products. As Laboratory Lead, you’ll grind away at some of the details of running a lab—enforcing safety and security regulations, maintaining equipment, keeping detailed records, and generally keeping everything up to snuff. But here’s the bigger picture: we’re looking for someone with a serious leadership strain who loves to motivate, organize, and rally a team. You’ll use your people skills and your passion for collaboration to help take care of your colleagues who work their magic every day for GTI!
- Supervise the laboratory production operations of our infused products and/or extraction products
- Support the lab leadership to maintain high standards of quality by assisting with document management, program development and laboratory testing
- Set up, operate, and maintain laboratory instruments, monitor experiments, make observations, calculate and records results notifying the Lab Manager of any deviations
- Perform analytical testing, i.e. HPLC testing, and monitors product disposition to support quality control
- Follow SOP and standard analytical procedures to meet Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices compliance
- Support the documentation of lab standards, inventory management, Chemical Hygiene Policy and related labeling, and other SOPs as assigned by Lab Manager
- Capable of working with hazardous chemicals and is able to identify and report unsafe equipment, conditions and practices so that they may be corrected prior to an incident
- Responsible for hygiene, organization, and overall appearance of laboratory
- Assist lab manager in personnel management with scheduling, training, onboarding, performance reviews as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in Life Sciences required, Bachelors degree preferred
- 3+ years of working in an analytical or production lab
- Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals
- Background in cannabis extraction or distillation highly desirable, not required
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and email
- Knowledge of laboratory best practices including data entry, cleanliness, and systems
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state and the D.O.A.; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws is appreciated and commendable
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.