Packaging & Logistics Specialist
Wholesale Operations – Production
Part-time / Non-exempt
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis cultivator, processor and dispensary operator, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis nationwide while giving back to the communities in which it serves. As a vertically integrated company, GTI manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™ dispensaries. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has eight manufacturing facilities and licenses for 60 retail locations across eight highly regulated U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs over 500 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
We are seeking a Packaging & Logistics Specialist for part-time support within our manufacturing and warehousing facility in the medical cannabis industry.
- Must demonstrate proficient time management skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure while demonstrating a positive attitude
- Schedule each day to support sales and inventory requirements.
- Monitor and assess order fulfillment rates, understand constraints, and propose/implement process improvements to achieve 100% order fulfillment.
- Provide direction to the packaging team to maintain critical stocking levels.
- Create an environment of trust and job satisfaction .
- Employee must exhibit competency in basic organizational and communication skills.
- Must work well with others and be able to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure and technique.
- Be able to work with, help, guide, challenge and motivate team members in order to create a cohesive unit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Education or GED graduate; some college or college graduate preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience processing medical marijuana or other botanicals preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must obtain and retain a state-issued Medical Cannabis badge.
- Office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, reaching, talking, hearing, bending, stooping, walking, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 30 pounds (up to 100 pounds with assistance) AND must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with plants and product.
We can't wait to meet you!