Retail – Retail Pharmacy
Part-time / Non-exempt
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. As a vertically integrated company, GTI manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 11 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 72 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 600 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Pharmacist directs and manages the distribution of Cannabis products to our patients on site in our Lorain, OH dispensary. This individual will be in a unique position to be a dispenser and educator of cannabis. He or she will be the onsite medical authority ensuring patients receive correct dosage as well as education and counseling. As with any substance for medical use, Pharmacists are expected to complete a prospective drug utilization review to assess: appropriateness of therapy, appropriate strain, dose, route, and duration, allergies & drug interactions contraindications, and possible misuse. This is a part-time, hourly role in support of our primary Pharmacist. The part-time pharmacist will work approximately 20 to 25 hours a week.
- Compounds and dispenses medications accurately for delivery to patient care areas.
- Provides timely and accurate medication information to patients.
- Communicates potential problems and likely solutions to the prescriber.
- Processes all medication order information into an electronic health record to ensure accuracy of records regarding past, current and future dispensing and charging.
- Maintains a comprehensive pharmacy patient profile. Oversees the packaging labeling, and distribution of medications for all patients and employees according to established policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Monitors the use of scheduled medications and maintains controlled inventories of medication in the dispensing areas.
- Maintains both OH Pharmacists license and complete the OH Department of Health’s Cannabis Health Professional training.
- At least two years of experience as a Pharmacist.
- Cannabis experience preferred.
- Knowledge and/or ability to use pharmacy information systems.
- Knowledge and ability to use automated and conventional pharmacy equipment.
We can't wait to meet you!