Chicago, IL (HQ)
Corporate – Accounting & Finance
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
As the Accountant at GTI, you will be responsible for supporting accounting operations on our finance team. You will need to wrap your arms around monthly closing responsibilities, journal entries, reporting, accounts payable and accounts receivable for GTI and its subsidiaries. You possess strong business acumen with the ability to effectively address both financial and operational challenges. Most importantly, you must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up culture such as GTI.
- Supports all functions of the accounting close including journal entries, reporting, cash flow management, check issuance, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation, billing, account reconciliations and month-end close
- Analyzes financial results and provide insights and analysis to senior leaders
- Acts as the key liaison to the Market President for all financial matters related to your assigned market
- Identifies areas of opportunity while providing process improvement ideas to executive management
- Assesses accounts receivable and accounts payable agings and provide recommended actions to senior leadership
- Processes key financial reports including balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to company accounting and financial guidelines
- Prepares key financial schedules in support of the annual audit process
- Prepares and files tax and other regulatory filings
- Reviews and approves expenses according to company policy
- Prepares weekly and monthly financial reports including supporting ad hoc requests
- Engages and leads special projects and workflow process improvements as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field
- 2+ year experience in accounting
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Preferred experience SQL/MS Access
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- · Must pass any and all required background checks
- · Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.