Corporate – People & Culture
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
About the Role:
Come join our growing manufacturing operations team as a Human Resources Manager in one of the fastest growing industries, cannabis. The HR Manager is an extension of our national People team and is the support and partner to our production operations leadership teams on the ground in our manufacturing facilities. You will be responsible for taking lead on employee relations, talent management, and recruitment for our growing non-exempt population. As the primary point of contact on all Human Resources matters for our Homestead, FL employees, you pride yourself on being able to anticipate challenges and responding with a solution - and a back-up solution - just in case. You have impeccable attention to detail, an unquestionable work ethic and without fail, a high degree of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality. If you are hospitable, beaming with positive energy, and can back up your can-do attitude with action – we’re looking for you!
- Use independent judgement to handle employee relations matters in collaboration with national People team partners
- Manage the recruitment process and lifecycle through partnerships with internal teams and hiring managers
- Develop highly collaborative relationships with national People team partners and facility leadership, providing counsel, feedback, and coaching
- Manage the new hire orientation process; work closely with hiring managers to coordinate new hire onboarding and training to ensure a positive onboarding experience
- Navigate and lead change management with leaders around organizational structure and hiring needs
- Manage administrative team members
- Foster a positive culture and productive workplace where everyone works to realize established mission, objectives and values
- Perform and/or request required research to support compliance activities
- Demonstrate understanding of state regulations as they pertain to the business
- Create detailed, accurate calendar appointments for travel and company-wide meetings on shared calendars
- Assist team with booking travel arrangements
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms
- Provide general support to visitors and act as the point of contact for internal and external clients
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Communications, Business or related field required
- 5+ years’ experience in a Human Resources role supporting a non-exempt workforce of 30+ employees; experience in manufacturing preferred
- Professional certifications in human resources preferred (PHR or SPHR)
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and innovate
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately; excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Expertise in navigating various levels of employment investigations
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Highly proficient in HRIS systems with an ability to learn how to use new online platforms quickly
- Extremely strong organizational skills and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy (If you're reading this, please include "I am thrilled to grow my career with GTI" in your cover letter)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Understands and complies with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI.
- Previous experience in a highly regulated industry or interacting directly with state regulators is preferred
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.