Wholesale Operations – Lab & Processing
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
About the Role:
Every day in the lab, our team works the magic of distillation, extraction, winterization, and the production of our cannabis-infused products. The Lab Technician is there to grind away at the day to day details that go into running the lab. The ideal candidate is a positive team-player with an extra dab of attention to detail. As a naturally curious human, you will study and comprehend all policies, procedures and operational guidelines set by the management team to help our lab team achieve the high standards we set for ourselves.
- Operate laboratory instruments, make observations, calculate and record results
- Understand and meet daily goals
- Work as part of a team to meet production schedules
- Follow SOP and standard analytical procedures to meet Good Laboratory Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices compliance
- Records data in lab notebooks, computer databases, and test reports
- Practice good housekeeping habits throughout the facility with focus and personal contributions towards a clean and organized assigned work area at the end of the assigned shift
- Employee may also be responsible for monitoring production line and collecting samples for analysis
- Practice good communication, verbal and written, with co-workers and management
- Familiarity with basic scientific principles and laboratory experience. Must be able to follow written direction and maintain a laboratory notebook.
- Capable of working with hazardous chemicals and is able to identify and report unsafe equipment, conditions and practices so that they may be corrected prior to an incident
- Flexibility and the ability to shift work schedule according to production needs
- Associate or 4-year degree preferred, with relevant college courses in biology, chemistry, or physics
- Prior Laboratory experience required
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees
- Basic math skills
- Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals
- Understanding and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
- Physical demands – May be required to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (200 pounds with assistance)
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.