Rock Island, IL
Wholesale Operations – Cultivation & Harvest
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
Harvest Supervisor will be responsible for supervising, planning, organizing, coordinating, and leading the Harvest Team's activities for the facility. This supervisor will lead the team and will ensure quality, compliance, and consistency of service delivery. The Harvest Supervisor will report to the Harvest Manager.
- Lead and promote a culture of safety and teamwork in the Harvest team and throughout the facility
- Train and Develop Harvest employees to perform in a proficient manner, providing motivation through personal example and interpersonal skills
- Supervise and direct the activities of Harvest team; make recommendations regarding hiring, discipline, termination or advancement of employees in department
- Establish harvest goals, monitor/track employee performance, hold employees accountable and provide regular 1x1 performance feedback to help the employee succeed
- Develop daily harvest, sanitation and room filling schedules to support Grow and sales requirements
- Ensure employees are following all safety and operating procedures, and GTI policies
- Train, and develop a high-performing team
- Maintain compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws/regulations that affect GTI operations and safety, while promoting safety policies and awareness
- Document and provide performance feedback to the Harvest Manager
- Identify outstanding employees that can take on more responsibilities
- Plan & Schedule each day to support Grow and inventory requirements
- Train employees to:
- o Big leaf, harvest, break down and sanitation to meet GTI quality specifications
- o Identify quality issues that negatively impact the final product.
- o Achieve production rates as defined by the Harvest Manager
- o Conduct essential functions where applicable in State Traceability System
- Create an environment of trust and job satisfaction
- Employee must exhibit competency in basic organizational and communication skills
- Must work well with others and be able to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure and technique
- Be able to work with, help, guide, challenge and motivate team members in order to create a cohesive unit.
- Must demonstrate consistent attention to detail
- Must demonstrate ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Requirements; Education and Experience
- Additional Requirements:
- Illinois driver’s license or State ID card
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
- Minimum Education and Experience:
- Associates degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 years Supervisory experience preferred
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Experience in windows-based programs; Microsoft office; etc.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.