Wholesale Operations – Production (Packaging + Processing)
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
This position is responsible for leading a team within the Dry, Trim, Cure & Package Department. Lead a process within the department, process product to specification and disposition product to the next phase as appropriate. Additional duties consist of assisting with running/cleaning mechanical equipment; monitoring appropriate environmental controls; filling in for other department leaders when needed. This person will also be responsible for tracking product electronically on MJ Freeway to ensure compliance with state laws and program regulations.
- Train and Develop DTCP employees to perform in a proficient manner, providing motivation through personal example and interpersonal skills.
- Establish team goals, monitor/track employee performance, and provide regular 1x1 performance feedback to help the employee succeed.
- Ensure employees are following all safety and operating procedures, and GTI policies.
- Train a high-performing team.
- Maintain compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws/regulations that affect GTI operations and safety, while promoting safety policies and awareness.
- Document and provide performance feedback to the DTCP Supervisor and Manager.
- Identify outstanding employees that can take on more responsibilities.
- Assist leadership team in providing direction to team members.
- Lead team in manager’s absence.
- Plan & Schedule each day to support sales and inventory requirements.
- Manage the productivity of the assigned DTCP process
- Facilitate production levels of assigned team
- Lead room clean up and set up
- Responsible for electronically tracking performance daily
- Weighing and accurately labeling all materials in the room throughout the day and at end of shift
- Communicate shift and individual output to team members and management daily
- Monitor production quality of all team members
- Determine disposition of materials for further processing
- Responsible for proper storage of all materials at end of shift
- Train employees to:
- o Identify quality issues that negatively impact the final product.
- o Achieve production rates as defined by the DTCP Manager
- o Conduct essential MJFreeway reporting where applicable
- Create an environment of trust and job satisfaction
- Develop a high performing team.
- Employee must exhibit competency in basic organizational and communication skills.
- Must work well with others and be able to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure and technique.
- Be able to work with, help, guide, challenge and motivate team members in order to create a cohesive unit.
- High School Education or GED graduate; some college or college graduate preferred.
- 1-2 years experience processing medical marijuana or other botanicals preferred.
- 1-2 years experience in warehousing and inventory preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance) AND must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with plants and product.
- Pennsylvania driver’s license or State ID card
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be approved by the D.O.H. to receive an Agent badge
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.