Las Vegas, NV
Wholesale Operations – Operations
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
Come join our growing team as an HR Manager! This role is responsible for partnering with the Corporate team to perform Recruiting & HR duties and implement broader HR policy in our Las Vegas facilities. You are the perfect fit for this role if you are hospitable and you beam with positive energy, excitement and a can-do attitude…and you get things done. You pride yourself on being able to anticipate issues and requests before it’s even asked and can respond with a solution and a back-up solution, just in case. You have impeccable attention to detail, an unquestionable work ethic and without fail, a high degree of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Partner with Corporate HR to implement successful recruiting strategies in the Las Vegas facilities.
- Manage the new hire onboarding process; work closely with hiring managers to coordinate new hire orientation and training to ensure a positive onboarding experience.
- Handle Employee relations matters and communicate to HR leadership.
- Perform and/or request required research to support compliance activities.
- Assists management with ongoing projects as assigned, balancing short and long term deadlines.
- Demonstrate understanding of state regulations as they pertain to the business.
- Create detailed, accurate calendar appointments for travel and company-wide meetings on shared calendars.
- Assist team with booking travel arrangements.
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms
- Provide general support to visitors and act as the point of contact for internal and external clients.
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Business or related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Quickbooks Experience preferred.
- Two years in an HR-related role.
- Extreme attention to detail required. (If you're reading this, please include "I am thrilled to grow my career with GTI" in your cover letter.)
- Ability to learn how to use new online platforms quickly.
- Extremely strong organizational skills while being proactive and maintaining a high level of accuracy at all times.
- Time management skills required.
- Works well independently and with others.
- Understands and complies with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI.
- Demonstrates ability to self-motivate and innovate.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately.
- Previous experience in a highly regulated industry or interacting directly with state regulators is a plus.
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.