Chicago, IL (HQ)
Corporate – Technology
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
GTI is a high-growth company in a new industry looking to grow its internal IT department. As a green field project this is an incredibly exciting opportunity to help design the systems and team that you have always wanted to be a part of. The Device Administrator will be responsible to design, implement, and maintain device management platforms like SCCM and Intune. The Device Administrator will be responsible to build and maintain patching schedules, building imaging tasks, and managing BYOD devices. As a Device Administrator you are a problem solver and genuinely like helping team members work through issues with their computer systems, software, hardware, etc. This role is located in our Chicago HQ.
We are specifically seeking a candidate with extensive server management experience (100+ preferred), supporting an employee population of 1000+, and managing large data sets.
- Manage, maintain and monitor the global internal & external (cloud) systems and infrastructure
- Design and deploy systems for 100+ manufacturing and retail locations
- Build imaging infrastructure to effortlessly reimage various devices remotely
- Build patching processes to ensure device security and compliance
- Manage endpoint security software
- Manage BYOD and protect corporate data on them
- Create infrastructure documentation and keep it up to date on our team wiki
- Automate system administration tasks
- Work closely with department members to design, build, test, and deploy our systems
- Manage your own IT projects and take full ownership
- Sync your activities and share your experience with a diverse team
- Some travel required
- A bachelor's degree or higher in a technical field
- At least 5 years’ experience in System Administration
- Good communication & troubleshooting skills
- Extensive experience setting up managing SCCM
- The ability to work flexible, independently as well as in a team
- Passion for IT
- The desire to grow yourself, your team and the company
- Must be comfortable working around cannabis products
- Must possess a valid drivers license
- MCSA, MCSE
- Deep knowledge of PowerShell or Python scripting
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.