General Manager, Centreville Facility
Wholesale Operations – Operations
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
GTI is seeking a General Manager to oversee and manage all aspects of our plant operations in Centreville, MD. Our facilities include our grow operations, where we cultivate our cannabis plants from seed to flower, our lab operations where we cook up our signature line of marijuana-infused products and the post processing where inventory, packaging, and logistics are executed. As the General Manager, you’ll direct all the daily processes and long-term targets for the facility. You’ll grind away at the details of managing internal resources to maximize safety, compliance, efficiency, productivity and culture. You’ll also blaze the path toward creating and developing the multilevel professional team in Centreville, and you’ll work closely with your management team to keep every detail of the facility up to snuff.
- Oversee all strategic planning and vision for facility plant operations for cultivation, processing, packaging, maintenance, quality and logistics/fulfillment
- Manager all facility activities working closely with departmental managers ensuring wholesale objectives are accomplished on time and budget
- Own the facility budget; Analyze facility data, including efficiency metrics, labor variance analysis, defect rates, cost drivers, volume and capacity planning, etc. to make recommendations on optimal quality and efficiency improvements and capital expenditures
- Develop and produce reporting to clearly illustrate the trends of the business
- Manage and maintain a company culture consistent with the culture established at GTI corporate of accountability, transparency and enjoyment
- Participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance GTI’s mission, vision, goals and objectives
- Continuously improve the skills, knowledge and morale of all employees; create an environment where the entire team does the same
- Implement and maintain wholesale facility and equipment preventative maintenance program; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal billing or licensing requirements
- Will be required to be on-call and to respond to emergency situations at any time. This may include scheduling issues, potentially covering a vacant shift, facility issues and/or human resources requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business required; MBA or similar preferred
- 7+ years of management experience in manufacturing environment; direct management of 50+ individuals in a manufacturing setting required
- Consumer Packaged Good experience required
- In-depth knowledge & understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, certifications a plus
- Exposure to horticulture and/or plant science and/or lab processing, a plus
- Can-do attitude and ability to adapt quickly; business is experiencing tremendous growth so previous operational experience in growth environment is substantially preferred
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.