Maintenance & Facilities Manager
Wholesale Operations – Facilities & Maintenance
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Facilities Manager to ensure smooth building operations. The ideal candidate excels at both hands-on and more strategic projects. You will be responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensure that facilities are safe and well-functioning. As a qualified candidate you will have knowledge and experience in maintaining, inspecting and repairing mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems to ensure optimal operations. Our main goal is safety for all of our employees and as a solution oriented professional, you will ensure the entire team is working under the best conditions.
- Establish a project management schedule for equipment within the facility
- Conduct routine maintenance of all facility equipment
- Conduct annual inspections of critical equipment
- Schedule inspections for generator, ATS, Fire Life Systems & Fire Sprinkler Systems, RPZ, and gates
- Establish emergency response protocol with key service contractors
- Be the lead responder for critical equipment malfunctions
- Develop & manage relationships & agreements between GTI and contract service providers
- Oversee contractors for new construction
- Establish a maintenance & fabrication shop
- Develop service logs to monitor equipment condition
- Establish an in-house inventory of critical components to avoid production delays
- Evaluate if work can be conducted internally or requires contracted services
- Support the various departments within the building by executing work orders
- Assess and recommend maintenance needs as the business grows
- 5+ years of proven experience as a facilities manager in manufacturing setting
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.