Senior Financial Analyst - Retail
Chicago, IL (HQ)
Corporate – Accounting & Finance
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Senior Analyst – Retail will be a member of the Finance team and partner to our retail organization. You will partner with sales, finance, marketing, and operations to provide analytical support for reporting and analysis as we continue to scale. You’re analytically and technically inclined and can manage, administer and improve our retail systems, processes and policies. You know how to work cross functionally across many teams and are ready to chip in to ensure success for all of GTI.
- Provide analytical support for monthly reporting and analysis
- Build and maintain key operational reporting and systems by collecting and summarizing external and internal data
- Monitor the retail KPIs and drivers for our business and understand, highlight, and investigate any causes of variance
- Support Retail President on initiatives and responsibilities to surface and drive P&L or cash opportunities
- Act as lead point of contact for analytics requests, improvements and troubleshooting
- Create, manage, optimize and maintain records, reports, dashboards, workflows and sales process best practices
- Assume the role of data and business expert on retail operations
- Must be able to explain results and what factors drove those results in a report. Then must confidently make recommendations to senior management on how to initiate better performance
- Continuously review and make recommendations for current processes and programs, to ensure efficiency
- Support development of the budget and assist with rolling forecasts
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or other related degree
- 3+ years of experience in FP&A or corporate finance. Retail experience a plus.
- Strong financial modeling skills and excellent Excel knowledge
- Proven experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, Cognos, or a related software
- Previous experience with SaaS is a plus
- Ability to build relationships and credibility with team members at various levels within our org
- Willingness to hustle; we operate at a fast pace and we expect team members to keep up
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.