Inventory & Quality Specialist
Wholesale Operations – Production (Packaging + Processing)
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
We’re looking for an Inventory and Quality Specialist to work with our DTCP team at the GTI cultivation center in Danville, PA. In this role, you’ll motivate and help manage our DTCP team on the production room floor as they work hands-on with our cannabis products, giving them GTI’s signature dab of finish and flair. We’re looking for a passionate team player who’s always baking up ideas for improving efficiency and communication. As Inventory and Quality Specialist, you’ll set goals, expectations, and standards for the DTCP team and help bring our performance level even higher. At GTI, we know that finishing up production is a joint effort, and as Inventory and Quality Specialist you’ll work closely with the Order Fulfillment Manager to track inventory and coordinate procedures. If you’re ready to roll with our team, send your application our way!
- Ensure product counts are accurate pre and post packaging to ensure compliance with SOP and State guidelines.
- Verify quality of products made by acting as a check and balance within the DTCP department.
- Monitoring packaging supplies and communicating when order trigger points are met and notify DTCP Supervisor.
- Assist Inventory & Packaging employees to perform in a proficient manner, providing motivation through personal example and interpersonal skills.
- Establish inventory and defect rate goals, monitor/track employee performance, and provide feedback to ensure all SOPs are followed fully.
- Ensure employees are following all safety and operating procedures, and GTI policies.
- Maintain compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws/regulations that affect GTI operations and safety, while promoting safety policies and awareness.
- Document and provide performance feedback to the DTCP Manager.
- Identify outstanding employees that can take on more responsibilities.
- Plan & Schedule each day to support sales and inventory requirements.
- Train employees to:
- o Package all final products in accordance with GTI product specifications
- o Identify quality issues that negatively impact the final product.
- o Achieve production rates as defined by the DTCP Manager
- o Conduct essential MJFreeway functions where applicable
- Create an environment of trust and job satisfaction
- Employee must exhibit competency in basic organizational and communication skills.
- Must work well with others and be able to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure and technique.
- Be able to work with, help, guide, challenge and motivate team members in order to create a cohesive unit.
- Pennsylvania driver’s license or State ID card
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be approved by the D.O.H. to receive an Agent badge
Minimum Education and Experience
- High School Education or GED graduate; some college or college graduate preferred.
- 1-2 years experience processing medical marijuana or other botanicals preferred.
- 1-2 years experience in warehousing and inventory preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance) AND must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with plants and product.
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.