Wholesale Operations – Facilities
Part-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
We are looking for an Part-Time Custodian, Tuesday - Thursday, 8-5 (possibly a little earlier or later, depending on business needs).
The custodian is responsible for preserving the good condition of the facility by completing cleaning tasks safely and compliantly to ensure the entire team is working under the best conditions.
- Clean and sanitize all areas including offices, locker rooms, work areas, and bathrooms.
- Clean, mop, and vacuums floors; occasionally wax or buff floors
- Empty and remove trash/recycling materials
- Maintains outside walk areas, including sweeping debris
- Dusts and wipe down furniture
- Moves cabinets, boxes, and equipment to clean areas
- Dust and washes walls, ceilings, and fixtures
- Establish and maintain an inventory of cleaning supplies
- Support the various departments within the building
- Assess and recommend maintenance needs as the business grows
- Communicate all questions, concerns, suggestions, and ideas urgently and with consideration of business needs and expectations
- Proactively seek opportunities to make improvements related to the job duties
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative, and able to work independently or on a team with keen judgement an common sense
- Familiarity with cleaning chemicals and tools; knowledge of safe chemical handling
- Compassionate and strong work ethic
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate well and use interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI and the state of Maryland
- Strong attention to detail with an eye for accuracy
- Must pass all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess a valid gov't-issued photo ID
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the MMCC to receive an Agent badge
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (more with assistance)
- Must be able to push, pull, and generally maneuver carts, trolleys, and other equipment
- Must be able to climb and work on ladders
- Must be comfortable using many types of cleaning agents, some of which may be volatile or require the use of PPE
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.