Wholesale Operations – Supply Chain
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
This role assists the Operations Manager and all teams within the facility in all aspects of Supply Chain and Logistics. This position will be responsible for all delivery intake within the facility, maintaining strict organization within the warehouse and communicating with all teams regarding inventory levels and shipment status.
- Receive, inspect, unload, store, and deliver internally all materials\products
- Keep accurate records of receipts and shipments, contact shipper(s) directly if any discrepancies are found or if the shipment was damaged in any way.
- Pull supplies from inventory and prepare them for production
- Fill orders for supplies and equipment as approved
- Maintain weekly inventory reconciliation
- Maintain the warehouse receiving\shipping areas in a neat and orderly fashion
- Perform cycle counting responsibilities
- Receive and check inbound goods for accuracy and place in proper location
- Data Entry of inventory, inbound\outbound orders
- Preparing items for shipments and making arrangements inclusive of contacting vendors, preparing pack list, bill of lading
- Verify packing list against PO’s to ensure receipt and provide to finance for approval of payment
- Prepare, pack, label, and shrink band product for shipment
- Organize shipments of goods between sites, from suppliers to GTI facilities
- Establish relationships with key business and supply partners
- Support and participate in inventory and cycle count activities including reconciliation
- Maximize effectiveness of space
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D
- 1-2 years of previous warehouse experience preferred.
- Good communication, organization, time management, and mathematical skills
- Dependable and reliable
- Inventory, equipment maintenance, data entry, and computer skills required
- Pallet stacker, pallet jack, and/or forklift experience preferred (no certification necessary)
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn and improve each operation
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time (e.g. preparing products for packaging, packaging products, and regular inventory)
- Availability to work occasional weekends and holidays
- Eager to learn and enthusiastic
- Basic computer skills
- Able to perform intermediate accounting tasks; addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, and weight measures.
- Pennsylvania driver’s license or State ID card
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be approved by the DOH to receive an Agent badge
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, reaching, talking, hearing, bending, stooping, walking, seeing and repetitive motions
- Regular use of tools/equipment including ladders, pallet jacks, and pallet stacker
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time while maintaining focus
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry, and balance up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance) AND must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with plants and products.
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.